Below are a list of resources to help you in your health and wellness pursuit.
General Health & Wellness
Front Street Health and Wellness – Find wonderful health practitioners at one integrative, holistic place in Lafayette, Colorado! We have chiropractors, acupuncturists, massage therapists, physical therapists, medical dieticians, a reflexologist (yours truly) and more!
Good Nurture Recipe Blog – Delicious, healthy recipes… many which are raw, vegan, gluten-free and even some paleo.
The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook (Third Edition) by Clair Davies, NCTMB & Amber Davies CMTPT LMT. If there was only one book I could have in my possession this self-help guide for pain relief would be it. Hands down! The layout of the book, the images for locating pain and finding the appropriate trigger points, and how to work them yourself are all easily accessible and explained. How many of us would know that a pain in your calf muscle (soleus) can trigger pain in your lower back? Or, in my work, so much of the pain experienced in the feet are coming from trigger points in your lower legs.
Auriculotherapy Manual: Chinese and Western Systems of Ear Acupuncture. This would be the 2nd book I’d have in my tool kit (if I were allowed only two). Find all the amazing points on your ear. You don’t need needles, you can work them just like reflexology or acupressure points.
Juice Plus+ – The next best thing to eating fruits and vegetables. Fruits & Vegetables in a capsules.
Second Aid Trauma Salve – Second Aid Trauma Salve heals trauma without negative side affects. It helps heal painful muscles, cut wounds, swelling, bruises, rashes, scars, the pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis, and much more!
Foot and Leg Issues
(causing foot pain, leg pain, knee pain, back pain and more)
- The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook (Third Edition) by Clair Davies, NCTMB & Amber Davies CMTPT LMT. See above. In addition, this book has an entire section on the lower leg and another on the feet.
- Read my article on Morton’s Foot... a tiny little deviation in your metatarsal bone can cause a range of issues, including foot pain, ankle pain, flat feet, fallen arches, unstable ankles, plantar fasciitis, hammer toes, shin pain, knee pain, hip pain, back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, jaw pain, poor posture, headaches, and more.
- PTTD – Posterior Tibial Tendon Dsyfunction – informational (and graphic) slide show. (I found this information very useful, however I do not have direct experience with the HyProCure Extra-Osseous Talorsal Stablization)
- Treat Your Own Knee by Robin McKenzie
Back & Body Pain
- 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back by Esther Gokhale (pronounced Go-Clay)
- Foundation: Redefine Your Core, Conquer Back Pain, and Move with Confidence by Dr. Eric Goodman
- The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook (Third Edition) by Clair Davies, NCTMB & Amber Davies CMTPT LMT.
- Treat Your Own Back by Robin McKenzie
- Treat Your Own Neck by Robin McKenzie
- Treat your Own Shoulder by Robin McKenzie
- Of course Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture, Massage, Myofascial Release Physical Therapy and Reflexology are all very beneficial!
- Correcting pain from rotation in the SI joint.
* Lie on the floor, on back, knees bent, feet on the floor. Whatever lower back side is hurting, lift that leg off the ground. Push that knee towards the chest, while at the same time pushing both hands against that knee while the other foot is pushing against the floor. Do 5 times, for about a count of 5. Next, booth knees in air, feet off the ground, put both fists between knees (or foam roller) and squeeze knees together, count of 5, 5 times. NEXT, knees in air, feet off the ground, push knees out against the resistance of arms or stretchy band, 5 times, count of five.
Emotional, Mental & Spiritual Wellness
Creating high quality thoughts and emotions are the core to inner wellness. Here is a list of amazing leaders, books and resources in the emotional, mental and spiritual wellness field:
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Bryon Katie
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises from the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- A New Earth: Awakening Your Life’s Purpose by Eckhart Tolle
- Between Death and Life: Conversations with a Spirit by Dolores Cannon
- Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Michael Newton
- Go Givers: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg and John David Mann
- The Spontaneous Healing of Belief by Gregg Braden
- The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles by Bruce Lipton
- The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of hte Universe by Lynne McTaggart
- The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World by Lynn McTaggart
- The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief by Gregg Braden
- The Astonishing Power of Emotions by Esther Hicks
- The Work.com – Who would you be without your story? Bryon Katie’s website
The State of Ease – A free booklet download from the HeartMath Institute.
Art & Design
Jitterfly Art & Design – Not only am I a certified reflexologist, I’m also an artist, graphic designer and owner of Jitterfly.com. My mission there is to inspire, uplift and motivate the human spirit through art and interactions. In doing so, I create inspiring artwork for people around the world and serve important causes like the stewardship of our environment and the kindness in humankind. I’m also a graphic designer for hire, assisting people in creating their company identity through logo creation and branding.